The personal information you provide to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law. We do not share personal information with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business or your request or as required by law or other legal processes. Brisbane Arcade will never sell your personal information. Brisbane Arcade complies with the National Privacy Act.
1.1 Brisbane Arcade will only collect personal information where the information is necessary for Brisbane Arcade to perform one or more of its functions or activities. In this context, “collect” means gather, acquire or obtain by any means, information in circumstances where the individual is identifiable or identified.
1.2 Brisbane Arcade collects personal information primarily to supply customers with the products and services ordered from it and its related companies. Brisbane Arcade also collects and uses personal information for secondary purposes including: billing and account management, business planning and product development and to provide individuals with information about promotions, as well as the products and services of Brisbane Arcade affiliated companies and other organisations and to enhance the online shopping experience by displaying products and / or services that match the personal preferences of individuals based on their previous website browsing history and / or buying activity.
1.3 Brisbane Arcade will not collect sensitive information from individuals except with consent and only where it is necessary for Brisbane Arcade to collect such information for an activity or function.
1.4 Brisbane Arcade will not collect personal information secretly or in an underhanded way.
1.5 Brisbane Arcade will take steps to ensure that individuals on purchased lists are or have been notified of the information as outlined at 1.3.
2.1 Brisbane Arcade will obtain an individual’s consent for use of non-sensitive personal information for secondary purposes at the time of collection, unless the se is a related secondary purpose which would be within the relevant individual’s reasonable expectations.
2.2 Brisbane Arcade uses personal information primarily for the purposes listed in 1.2 above.
2.3 If Brisbane Arcade relies on the direct marketing exception to direct market to individuals it will ensure that the individual is clearly notified of their right to opt out from further direct marketing, there is only one use of the information before the opt out right is given and this use applies across all Brisbane Arcade related bodies corporate, if the information is shared between those related bodies corporate. The individual is also given an opt out in all further instances of direct marketing if they have not previously chosen to opt out and if the individual opts out of all direct marketing the opt out will be respected by Brisbane Arcade and all its related bodies corporate.
2.4 Brisbane Arcade will not use sensitive information for direct marketing.
2.5 Brisbane Arcade may use personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety. It may also use personal information for reasons related to law enforcement or internal investigations into unlawful activities.
2.6 Brisbane Arcade will not use personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
3.1 Brisbane Arcade may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from the individual. This will include obtaining the individual’s consent for disclosures made under the credit reporting requirements of the Privacy Act.
3.2 Brisbane Arcade may disclose personal information between related bodies corporate. Where information is disclosed to such a related body corporate that related body corporate is bound by the original primary purpose for which the information was collected.
3.3 Brisbane Arcade may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions (such as billing, customer relations management and order fulfilment), where there is disclosure or use for a related secondary purpose and has been notified to individuals or where such disclosure is within the individual’s reasonable expectations.
3.4 Brisbane Arcade will take reasonable steps to ensure that its contracts with third parties include requirements for third parties to comply with the use and disclosure requirements of the Privacy Act.
3.5 Brisbane Arcade may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers where permitted or required by law.
3.6 If a disclosure is not for a primary purpose; is not for a related secondary purpose; or upfront consent has not been obtained. Brisbane Arcade will not disclose personal Information otherwise than in accordance with the exceptions set out at 3.1 to 3.6 above.
3.7 Brisbane Arcade does not generally sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties but if it did, it would only do so if we had the appropriate consent of the individual involved. If the consent provided is conditional, Brisbane Arcade will take steps to ensure (by contract) that the use of its customer list by third parties does not exceed the scope of the consent.
- INFORMATION QUALITY
4.1 Brisbane Arcade will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its collection and storage practices to ascertain how improvements to accuracy can be achieved.
4.2 Brisbane Arcade will take steps to destroy or de-identify personal information after as short a time as possible and after a maximum of seven years from the date of the last customer interaction, unless the law requires otherwise.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
5.1 Brisbane Arcade requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with Brisbane Arcade legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
5.2 Brisbane Arcade will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing personal information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within Brisbane Arcade who have a genuine “need to know” as well as “right to know”.
5.3 Brisbane Arcade will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION
6.1 Brisbane Arcade will allow its records containing personal information to be accessed by the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act.
6.2 Brisbane Arcade will correct its records containing personal information as soon as practically possible, at the request of the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act.
6.3 Individuals wishing to lodge a request to access and / or correct their personal information should do so by contacting Brisbane Arcade Centre Management, as per the details on the website.
6.4 Brisbane Arcade can charge a fee for processing an access request but will generally not do so unless the request is complex or is resource intensive.
7.1 Brisbane Arcade Centre Management will be the first point of contact for inquiries about privacy issues. Individuals wishing to make an inquiry or complaint regarding privacy should do so by contacting Brisbane Arcade Centre Management, as per the details on the Brisbane Arcade website.
- ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS
8.1 Brisbane Arcade will not make it mandatory for visitors to its web sites to provide personal information unless such personal information is required to answer an inquiry or provide a service. Brisbane Arcade may however request visitors to provide personal information voluntarily to Brisbane Arcade (for example, as part of a competition or questionnaire).
- TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
9.1 Brisbane Arcade will take reasonable steps to limit the amount of personal information it sends to unrelated organisations overseas.
9.2 If personal information must be sent by Brisbane Arcade overseas for sound business reasons, Brisbane Arcade will require the overseas organisation receiving the information to provide a binding undertaking that it will handle that information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, preferably as part of the services contract.
- Collection information means the information outlined in 1.3 notified to individuals prior to, or as soon as practical after, the collection of their personal information.
- Direct marketing means the marketing of goods or services through means of communication including written, verbal or electronic means. The goods or services which are marketed may be those of Brisbane Arcade or a related body corporate or those of an independent third party organisation.
- Disclosure generally means the release of information outside Brisbane Arcade, including under a contract to carry out an “outsourced function”.
- Health information means: a. information or an opinion about: the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or ii. An individual’s expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to him or her; or iii. A health service provided or to be provided to an individual; that is also personal information; or b. other personal information collected to provide or in providing a health service; or c. other personal information about an individual collected in connection with the donation; or intended donation by the individual of his or her body parts or body substances.
- Opt out means an individual’s expressed request not to receive further direct marketing.
- Brisbane Arcade means all companies and entities associated with The Trustee for J O’NEIL MAYNE & M E MAYNE ESTATE and McGees Property.
- Personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
- Primary purpose is the dominant or fundamental reason for information being collected in a particular transaction.
- Reasonable expectation means a reasonable individual’s expectation that their personal information might be used or disclosed for the particular purpose.
- Related body corporate means that where a body corporate is: a holding company of another body corporate; a subsidiary of another body corporate; or a subsidiary of a holding company of another body corporate, the first mentioned body corporate and the other body corporate are deemed to be related to each other.
- Sensitive information means information or an opinion about an individual’s: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record; that is also personal information or health information about an individual.
- Use means the handling of personal information within Brisbane Arcade.
The Brisbane Arcade Privacy Statement:
- What personal information does Brisbane Arcade collect?
The types of personal information that Brisbane Arcade records will depend on your usage of our site. If you carry out a transaction online or send us an email, Brisbane Arcade will record information that may differ from the information Brisbane Arcade collects if you simply visit our site.
General requests: You can use the online forms for a number of other purposes such as to request further information about other Brisbane Arcade products and services. In order to process your request, we will require you to provide us with certain personal information. This includes such details as your name and contact information and information about any existing account. If you send us an email request, we will ask for similar information. We require this information to process your request and to improve the services we provide to you. When you are carrying out a transaction or simply making a query, Brisbane Arcade may also ask for information such as details about yourself or your company in order that Brisbane Arcade can better tailor its services or products to your needs and to provide you with information about a range of Brisbane Arcade services or products you might be interested in. Brisbane Arcade may also conduct voluntary surveys or request other voluntary information from time to time. These surveys provide Brisbane Arcade with important information that enables improvement in the types and quality of services offered and the manner in which those services are offered. It will always be clear whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
- What happens with your personal information?
The personal information collected from you at this site is, or may be used for credit verification purposes, billing purposes, maintaining your account, notifying you about other or new services or promotions from time to time, providing customer support and in order to provide you with the products, services or information you have requested.
Aspects of these functions may be outsourced to third parties who are only authorised by Brisbane Arcade to use this information for these purposes. Brisbane Arcade may also use its customer database, including information provided by you through this website, to distribute information about other Brisbane Arcade services and other organisations’ services to you. If at any time you no longer wish to receive email or postal communications from Brisbane Arcade or from third parties, you can contact Brisbane Arcade Centre Management at any time and make an ‘opt out’ request, as per details at the end of this statement, information collected on this site may also be combined and de-identified to provide Brisbane Arcade with anonymous demographic and usage information. Brisbane Arcade can then use this aggregated information to develop new and / or more appropriate services and products to offer to customers and may also be provided to third parties. In addition, anonymous navigation information may be used for statistical analysis of the site, for marketing purposes and to tailor the content of the site to the needs of Brisbane Arcade customers. Statistical information is not disclosed in connection with your personal information.
- Will personal information be given to anyone else?
Personal information collected at this site will only be disclosed to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and with the terms and conditions of any relevant service. You should check the terms and conditions of individual products and services for information about disclosures. Information collected at this site may be disclosed to third parties where functions are being outsourced. Brisbane Arcade may also disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
- Access and Correction
Once you have registered as a Brisbane Arcade customer, you may access your account details and correct your personal information, by logging into your Brisbane Arcade customer account. You can lodge an access request with Brisbane Arcade Centre Management at any time as per the details at the end of this statement.
- Are personal account details safe when being transmitted?
Brisbane Arcade strives to protect your personal information during its transmission. Customer account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind Brisbane Arcade firewalls. Brisbane Arcade secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. However, while Brisbane Arcade maintains high standards in protecting your security, no transmission over the Internet or storage of information on servers connected to the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
- Are personal account details stored safely?
Brisbane Arcade takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. Brisbane Arcade only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel. For what purpose does Brisbane Arcade require your personal information? Brisbane Arcade collects and uses personal information about you primarily to supply you with the products and services you order from it and its related companies (Brisbane Arcade Group Companies). Brisbane Arcade also collects and uses personal information for related (or secondary) purposes including: billing and account management, business planning and product development and to provide you with information about promotions, as well as the products and services.
- How may use your personal information?
Brisbane Arcade may disclose personal information about you (for the purposes set out in clause 1) to: any of the Brisbane Arcade group companies, Brisbane Arcade agents, dealers, contractors and franchisees or the Brisbane Arcade suppliers who need access to the personal information to provide Brisbane Arcade with services, enabling Brisbane Arcade group companies to supply you with the products and services you have ordered.
- When and how can you opt out?
If you wish only to receive communications that are account-related or legally required, you may request not to receive other communications (ie you may “opt out”). If you wish to make a request to opt-out, you can do so at any time by letting Brisbane Arcade know of your request by following the unsubscribe instructions on any piece of electronic mail from Brisbane Arcade or by contacting the Brisbane Arcade Centre Management team. If you provide Brisbane Arcade with an opt-out request, Brisbane Arcade will activate your request as soon as reasonably possible after receiving it. Brisbane Arcade will not charge you for processing a request to opt-out.
- Your right to access your records.
You may request access to personal information Brisbane Arcade holds about you, and Brisbane Arcade will grant you access unless it is required or permitted to refuse such a request. You may also request that information about you be corrected if you think that it is not accurate. You should contact us if you require more information. For the purpose of processing some orders and ongoing credit management of your account, Brisbane Arcade may need to disclose to a credit reporting agency:
- Personal identifying details, including your name, current and previous addresses, driver’s licence number, date of birth and employer.
- The fact you have purchased a Brisbane Arcade product or service, and any credit limit on your account.
- The amount of any payments which are overdue for at least sixty (60) days, when steps have been taken by Brisbane Arcade to recover those overdue payments.
- Where an overdue payment has been previously reported, advice that the payment is no longer overdue.
- Cheques or credit card payments which have been dishonored.
- Court judgments or bankruptcy orders made against you.
- That, in the opinion of Brisbane Arcade, you have committed a serious credit infringement
- When Brisbane Arcade ceases to provide products or services to you.
You authorise Brisbane Arcade to disclose the information described in clause 7 to a credit reporting agency. You also authorise Brisbane Arcade to seek from or give to any credit providers authorised by you or named in a credit report or to other telecommunications providers (carriers or carriage service providers), and Brisbane Arcade franchisees, agents, contractors and outlets, the same information and any other information on this form and any other information on your credit worthiness, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to give under the Privacy Act. You authorise Brisbane Arcade to obtain and use personal credit information (eg; your existing household loans and personal credit card history) for the purpose of considering an application by you for commercial credit to use Brisbane Arcade service and your phone as a sole trader.) You authorise Brisbane Arcade to obtain and use commercial information about your commercial credit worthiness or commercial history (your existing credit record as a sole trader) when considering an application for consumer credit, for example where the service will be used for domestic purposes. Brisbane Arcade may refuse or cancel the supply of products or services on the basis of its credit assessment of you. You are entitled to see, and to correct, any credit information which Brisbane Arcade holds about you.
10. Contacting Brisbane Arcade
Brisbane Arcade is concerned to ensure that your Internet experience is a safe and enjoyable one. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement you can contact Brisbane Arcade via Centre Managers, McGees Property on:
- Telephone: (07) 3231 9777
- Mail: GPO BOX 997, Brisbane, 4001
If you wish to create a link from your site to the Brisbane Arcade site, in addition to the general terms and conditions you have read and agreed to above, you acknowledge the following:
- You may link your site only to the home page of the Brisbane Arcade site.
- You must display the Brisbane Arcade URL and icon clearly and prominently, without in any way damaging the reputation of Brisbane Arcade, or suggest any association between Brisbane Arcade and other persons, organisations, goods and services, unless approved by Brisbane Arcade.
- If Brisbane Arcade allows you to use Brisbane Arcade copyright material you may use it only in accordance with Brisbane Arcade directions from time to time, using only material supplied or approved by Brisbane Arcade, without any alteration and incorporating notices indicating Brisbane Arcade ownership of copyright material.
Brisbane Arcade may take legal action in respect of any use of Brisbane Arcade’s name or copyright material, without Brisbane Arcade’s permission, other than in accordance with Brisbane Arcade directions or in breach of Brisbane Arcade’s rights or your general legal obligations